Both the Short and the Long runs start at the UCT grounds and take runners along the lower slopes of Devil's Peak and nearby forests. Open to beginners (10km)?and experienced trail runners (22km), the challenging routes offer runners varied terrain with steep ascents and descents.
Some hints and tips for Two Oceans trailists!
- Water - carry your own! Either a hydration pack or hip belt bottle holder.
- The route is marked, but doing on route training is a good idea - maps are available on the website.
- Trail running has obstacles such as rocks, roots, branches and bushes - concentrate!
- Trail running times are often double for the same road running distance.
- Be prepared for the weather on the day, e.g. sun hat and lotion, or wind breaker and warm kit.
- If attempting to pass another runner on the single track, be polite.
- We are in a nature reserve so no litter of any sort please.
- Running in mountains takes you to remote areas.
- Enjoy the journey and the views.
The run starts at 07:00. Entries are limited in both events.
No entries are taken on race day.