Saturday, 12 September 2015
Are you CRAZY mountain goats ready? Get your CRaZy on, TMC is around the corner!
1) START and Leg 1 - note that 2kms have been added to this leg making it a total of 12kms. The race now starts at the JvR sports field on Signal Hill. The full race is now 42kms.
2) REG VENUE is the Jan van Riebeeck Sports Field, De Hoop Avenue, Tamboerskloof. Collect your Race Number, first Ascent Shirts and Caps on Wednesday 9th or Thursday 10th Sep between 11am and 7pm. CLICK HERE for directions.
3) Cash prize winners only from Batch A. Confirm your seeding at Reg.
4) Arriving for the start. To access the car park you must show your race number to the security. You will need your race number to leave the car park area with your car. Spectators can sign in with ID numbers.
5) Team's Logistics - Leg 2 runners are sometimes late for Transition 1. It can take 30 minutes to walk up from the Rhodes Memorial car park to the Blockhouse transition. All runners should have cell phones to stay in contact. Click here for team logistics.
6) COMPULSORY EQUIPMENT. Solo runners must carry compulsory equipment from the start, you will be checked. Leg 1 and Leg 2 must carry water, jacket, space blanket and your cell phone. On Leg 3, you will be checked to ensure that you are carrying: 1 litre of water; decent nutrition; space blanket and a charged cell phone with the emergency number (0729242371) and the right jacket (windbreaker if no rain or cloud, rain coat if overcast and wet - to be advised at Race Start, have both options available). Do not skimp, you will not make it through our military check point! If you withdraw during the race please advise a race marshal or send an sms to the emergency number.
7) Kiddies Fun Run! This is a free fun obstacle course run for all your little ones to enjoy. Register your bambinos at reg or on Race Day! Kiddies race from 10am, 11am and 12am. - Crazy Store lucky packets for all kiddies.
8) Winners are expected to finish before 11am for finish line excitement. Coffee and food vendors on site and hot showers!
9) BATCH STARTS
6.40am Elite Teams
6.50am Elite Solo (Batch A)
7.00am Duos (All)
7.10am TMC Solo (Batch B)
7.20am TMC Solo (Batch C)
7.30am TMC Solo (Batch D)
7.40am TMC Solo (Batch E)
8.30am TMC LITE
Cut off for Teams, Duos and Solos at Constantia Nek is 12 noon. Cut off at Suikerbossie is 1pm. LITE cut off at 12.30pm - this is not a walk!
TMC Google Earth Map