Tuesday, 07 July 2015
Registration Reminder - The Salomon Bastille Day Trail Run
Pre-Registration is on 8th and 9th of July at Salomon Concept Store, Canal Walk - 11am to 7pm. To save you time on race day; to collect your race number and shirt if ordered; and to purchase Salomon sale gear.
A friend may collect your Race Number.
Compulsory Equipment (will be checked) for 25km, 35km, 50km categories.
1) Rain jacket (waterproof, not just wind breaker, which you may have as well);
2) Sensible clothing for the conditions (thermal base layer, gloves, beanie, buff);
3) Charged cellphone in waterproof bag (organisers - for emergencies only - 072 924 2371);
4) Food Â sarmie, fruit, energy bars;
5) Water Â hydration pack, with bladder. You will be crossing several fresh water rivers;
6) Space blanket & whistle;
Compulsory Equipment for 15km.
1) Rain Jacket (waterproof, not just wind breaker, which you may have as well);
2) Sensible Clothing for the conditions;
3) Water Â hydration pack, with bladder. You will be crossing several fresh water rivers.
Beginners note: These are not easy events we expect cold weather, wet feet and icy river crossings!
Coffee and food on sale, come hungry! Enjoy awesome views of the mountains.
PARKING - bakkies and 4 x 4s will negotiate the ploughed and muddy car park. If you are driving a smaller car, park on the gravel roads - marshals / arrows will direct you accordingly. There is a short, warm up walk to the Start Zone, on the lawns at the old Bells Lodge.
DO NOT leave valuables in your car, lock anything like wallets, cellphones, IPads in the boot. We have Security patrolling.
Race Venue will be open from 6:00am on race day.
Race Start Times (Seeded Batch Starts to spread the field):
50km route: 6:30am
35km route: 7:00am
25km route: from 8:00am
15km route: from 9:00am
Elite Runners: If you wish to compete for Podium positions and prize money, request Elite batch at Registration.
Prizegiving at 12:30ish, R30 000 in prize money, Salomon product Prizes and bottles of Fairview wine.
All details, plus results and free photos on Energy Events and Facebook Facebook
Note - after the event Franschhoek town goes quite nutty with the Bastille festival, which you are invited to enjoy. The main road is usually blocked up. If you need a quick exit from the area, use the Robertsvlei road - turn LEFT, at the junction after you leave the venue.
Team Energy Events
www.trailrunning.co.za for all your trail running events!